The first thing to consider is the size of the pitching machine. A 10-pound ball typically works best for children, 12-14 for high school aged players, and 15-18 for adults. Next consider how much space you have available to set up your pitching machine because it will have a major effect on what type of machine you purchase. You should also determine if you are looking for an automatic or manual machine, as both have advantages and disadvantages.
Our Top 3 Picks
10 Top Picks of baseball for pitching machine
Best baseball for pitching machine Products Features & Details
Franklin Sports MLB Electronic Baseball Pitching Machine - Includes Six Plastic Baseballs, Silver/Blue (6696S3)
- 7 second pitches: This electronic pitching machine for kids is a great way to encourage them to practice their batting skills. The ball pitches every 7 seconds for improved accuracy and precision on the field. Assembled height 7.75 x 9.5 x 9.875 inches
- Flashing indicator: A flashing red indicator light shows when the ball pitches, making it easy to prepare in your baseball stance. You get all the fun of a batting cage right in the comfort of your own backyard
- Height adjustment: The height of this baseball pitching machine is adjustable, making it a great option for developing young athletes. It’s perfect for practicing multiple batting angles and styles
- Six balls included: This batting machine includes six white aero strike balls. You should not use regulation baseballs or tee balls with this baseball machine – only use the balls included. The ball shoot can hold upto 9 balls
- Improve batting performance: Your child should ideally use a plastic baseball bat with this pitching machine. There’s no better kids baseball pitching machine to help them grow and improve as they practice
- Note: Kindly refer user manual and installation manual before use
Tebery 12 Pack Sting-Free Dimpled Pitching Machine Baseballs Standard Size
- These pitching machines baseball are dimple molded, quality polyurethane plastic balls for player safety during use and increased durability overtime.
- Easy to see and track with the bright color when the sun starts to set, lightweight enough that won’t cause damage.
- Ideal size for taking some fast pitch baseball batting or fielding practice so you’re fully ready when game day comes.
- One dozen balls for plenty of batting fun at the field or in the backyard. Come in a reusable mesh bag with drawstring for your storage convenience.
- Won't dent aluminum bats and sting-free, specifically designed for use with pitching machines. Great For Perfecting Hand-Eye Coordination, Hitting and Fielding Practice.
Hack Attack Baseball Pitching Machine by Sports Attack
- The Hack Attack Baseball Pitching Machine pitches major league 100+ MPH fastballs, and right and left handed breaking pitches
- The unique three-wheel design allows you to see the ball clearly all the way through the feeding motion and release, just like a live pitcher
- The 2015 model have a new sleek look and upgraded exterior design plus inside/outside adjustment that provides instant location change
- Pitches fastballs, curveballs, sliders and split fingers. Head also pivots in any direction for ground balls, line drives, pop-ups and 380ft fly balls
- Extremely portable, fits into any SUV or full size car, fits through standard doorway. Recommended for high school, college, professional levels
- The Hack Attack Baseball Pitching Machine pitches major league 100+ MPH fastballs, and right and left handed breaking pitches including curveballs, sliders and split fingers
- Recommended for high school, college, professional levels
- Throwing head pivots instantly in any direction for ground balls, line drives, pop-ups and 380 ft. fly balls
Rawlings Pitching Machine Baseballs, Box of 12, ROPM
- 12 leather baseballs for batting practice
- Designed for use in baseball pitching machines
- Wound cork and rubber centers
- Full-grain leather covers
- Durable, flat Kevlar seams
Sports Attack Junior Hack Attack Baseball Pitching Machine
- The Junior Hack Attack will throw right and left handed curves, sliders, split fingers, knuckle and Fastballs up to 70+ MPH
- Recommended for youth league, backyard, travel teams, drills at all levels including high school, college and professional
- Throwing head pivots instantly in any direction for ground balls, line drives, pop-ups and 250 ft; fly balls
- Extremely portable, fits into any compact car, including a Mini Cooper
HEATER SPORTS Slider Lite Curveball Baseball Pitching Machine for Kids, Teens, and Adults, Uses Pitching Lite Machine Baseballs & Plastic Baseballs, Includes Automatic Ballfeeder
- FASTBALL & CURVEBALL LITE-BASEBALL PITCHING MACHINE - With a Simple Twist of a Knob, the Slider Can Pitch Fastballs and Left & Right Handed Curveballs. Not Only That, Adjust the Tripod Legs to Throw Grounders & Pop-Flies!
- PITCHES SLIDER & POWERALLEY LITE BASEBALLS (NOT INCLUDED) - The Slider Features a 0-10 Speed Knob To Adjust Pitches From 10-60 MPH Depending on Which Slider/PowerAlley Lite Ball Is Used.
- DURABLE & SAFE HOUSING - The Slider Encompasses a Durable Plastic Housing Covering Its Rotating Wheel So It's Safe For Any Age.
- AUTOMATIC 12 BALL FEEDER INCLUDED - The Slider Includes an A/C Powered Spiral Ball Feeder Which Drops a Ball into the Machine Every 8 Seconds So You Don't Have To Manually Feed Each Ball.
- CONNECTS TO HEATER SPORTS BATTING CAGES - If You Want a Home Hitting System In Your Yard, Look for any Heater Sports Batting Cage for Easy Connection to the Slider's Easy Connect Housing.
Baseball Pitching Machine
Louisville Slugger Blue Flame Pitching Machine
- Throws any type of ball, hard balls, fast pitch softballs, dimple balls, light flight, plastic and even soccer and volleyballs
- Throws hard balls from 18 to 45 mph with easy to adjust speed controls. And throws light flight and plastic balls up to 60 mph; Throws slowpitch softballs with up to a 12 inches arch
- Throws a level pitch to help teach proper swing mechanics. Extremely accurate for throwing strikes, fly balls and even grounders.
- The official pitching machine of both Babe Ruth League and Pony Baseball and Softball
- It is completely manual, needs no electricity or batteries and is light weight and easy to move from field to field, weighs less than 25 lbs.
- Great to set up to use for a variety of drills
First Pitch Baseline Pitching Machine
- The baseline Baseball/softball pitching machine is a great choice
- The baseline features a swivel base, reversible legs
- Up to 70 MPH
- Colour: Brown
SKLZ Lightning Bolt Baseball Pitching Machine
- Lightweight and portable–ideal for practicing hitting just about anywhere
- Builds visual acuity and hitting accuracy
- Automatically pitches soft practice balls 30 mph
- 5 second delay between pitches, to give solid repetition training
- Angle adjusts for different pitching locations
Type of Pitching Machine and Skill Level
A wheel pitching machine comprises one, two, or three wheels that rotate like a bicycle tire. Horizontal or vertical positioning of the wheels on this equipment is common practice in this industry.
It operates so that a ball will be sent out in the direction of the batter after being fed into the wheel or wheels. Your taste and degree of competence will determine the choice between one, two, or three-wheel pitching machines.
A one-wheel pitching machine will suffice almost entirely for youngsters, younger players, or newbies. Using the supplied speed control will often throw a straight fastball between more or less 25 and 70 mph, which is sufficient for practicing hitting average consecutive pitches. Look for one-wheel pitching machines capable of producing consistent, precise, and dependable pitching results.
With a speed range of around 25 to 90 miles per hour, a two-wheel pitching machine is typically more efficient. You will have greater control and power over the kind of pitches that the device will produce due to this.
You also receive a massive increase in the number of pitch types to train with, including fastballs, curveballs, and sliders in any direction, among others.
Two-wheel pitching machines are the best option to develop your hitting and catching abilities. This sort of machine is a must-have for high school baseball players, college baseball players, senior baseball players, and baseball players with advanced skills.
Like the two-wheel pitching machine, a three-wheel pitching machine can throw a more extensive range of pitches at faster speeds and with more precision than the two-wheel pitching machine. To improve your pitching skills, you should experiment with different types of angles, different rates, and different directions.
There are virtually no limitations to the pitches you can throw with this machine, including fastballs, breaking balls (both right and left-handed), split fingers, knuckleballs, even grounders, long fly balls, deep line drives, towering infield flies, and pop-ups, all of which allow you to improve your catching skills. From the three, this kind boasts the highest accuracy, fastest speed, and most consistent consistency, making it ideal for college-level or professional athletes.
It is important to note that a pitching machine is an investment that will result in gratifying gains and growth of your baseball talents if acquired and used correctly. Keep in mind the following factors: your goals, skill level, and requirements. I hope that this post has assisted you in making an informed selection about your future purchase.